Thursday, July 21, 2011

Will orbit for...

30 years of American manned space exploration ended today, and I don't know when it will start up again.
So...I created this cartoon, playing off the cliche' 'will work for food' signs, and also playing off NASA Administrator Charles Bolden's quote from an interview in 2010, talking about what President Obama wanted from him:
"When I became the NASA administrator -- or before I became the NASA administrator -- he charged me with three things. One was he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math, he wanted me to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering,"
So...now America has her thumb out, pointing to the heavens, asking..."  Can you spare a lift?" 

No comments: